This would be my first recipe for this year. So I thought, why not start with some health food. That is why I decided to post this simple yet tasty dish which is wholesome in health. Infact many variations of this can be made after you read this recipe. So here is the recipe:
White Rice or Brown rice: 1 cup
Water : 2 cups
Oil: 1 or 2 teaspoons
Brocolli florets seperated: 2 cups
Cauliflower florets seperated: 2 cups
Onion sliced lengthwise: 1 onion
Garlic: 3 segments
Green Chilli minced or sliced lengthwise: 2 or 4 nos
Capscicum sliced: 1 num
Mushroom: 1 cup
Spices to taste:
Garlic powder (optional)
Cumin powder (optional)
Oil: to saute vegetables
Coriander leaves (cilantro)
Lemon extract: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- In a large vessel on high fire, add rice and 2 teaspoons oil and saute until rice starts turning brown
- At this point add 2 cups water and wait until water boils, then turn the fire to medium and cook rice until all water is absorbed.
- When rice is cooked take it off fire and let it cool
- Meanwhile, keep a frying pan on high fire, add some oil. When oil warms, add minced garlic and green chilli, saute for 15 seconds, add onions, and the rest of the veggies and saute for 30 seconds, add all the spices and mix it so that it coats the veggies evenly.
- Reduce the fire to medium, bring all the veggies to the centre of the frying pan and cover the frying pan with a lid. Let it cook for 5 minutes. or wait until it is cooked.
- Take it off the fire. Add some lemon extract to the rice or the veggies and mix it uniformly.
- Combine the rice and veggies and taste for salt, if needed add more salt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it along with dal or curd