I finally made my own ice cream :) I weanted to make it form long time. And this time I searched a lot on internet about making ice cream without the Ice cream maker machine. The commong thing I found is if you are not using an ice cream maker, you need to just keep beating the mixture every hour or so. It came out well. I made it using my homemade sweetened condensed milk, the recipe for which I will post along with this recipe. It was really easy to make.
For sweetened condensed milk:
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's recipe on food network:
1/3 cup boiling water
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered milk
Using an electric mixer or blender, blend together water, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add powdered milk and blend until thick. Store in refrigerator for upto one week.
For ice cream:
Sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- Add sugar to the sweetened condensed milk and bring it to a boil until sugar dissolves, lower the heat and then stir until it becomes thicker.
- Remove from heat. Add milk and vanilla essence and whipping cream.
- Beat the mixture until everything is perfecly blended. (Beat for say, 2 minutes).
- Transfer contents to a metal container and freeze. Beat again after an hour and freeze again.
- Every half hour beat again for a a minute for two and half hours (2.5 hours)
- Then freeze overnight.
- Your ice cream is ready to eat with a dollop of whipped cream if you like , or even chochlate syrup:)