Source: Pravs's Coconut-Almond Cookie
- 1 cup Maida/All Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Peanuts (I used the roasted unsalted Peanuts)
- 1/2 cup Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 F/170 C
- Crush Peanuts to a coarse texture. Tip: Put Peanuts in a Zip-lock bag and crush them coarsely by using a rolling pin.
- Mix Butter and Sugar until it is well combined
- Add Peanuts, grated Coconut, and All Purpose flour to the Butter and Sugar mixture
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes or make sure the dough is in a cool place and nowhere near the oven as the butter in the dough would start melting and cause the cookie to spread before you shape them and bake.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flatten them a little. Press a half Peanut into each cookie. Again while making the balls, do not keep them between your palms for long time, as cookie dough needs to be cool when they go in the oven.
- Arrange these balls with one long finger space between each cookie , on a parchment paper on a cookie sheet/tray
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie becomes light brown.
- Transfer the tray to a cool place for the cookies to cool. The cookies would not be done immediately out of the oven. But they harden and become crunchy when cooled.
Proud to display my cookie jar on my kitchen shelf ;)
Hope you enjoy these cookies the same way I did :)
Similar recipes from other blogs:
Divya's Almond Coconut cookies
Madhuram's Eggless Butter Pecan Cookies
Renuka's Eggless chocolate cookies/biscuits
Friends , my dear friend Varsha Vipin of Will-O'-the-Wisp passed me this lovely Butterfly award :) Thank you so much Varsha !
I am passing it on to these dear friends in blogging world:
Cham of Spice Club
Ranji of Ranji's Kitchen Corner
Teena of Kaipunyam.com