Hi I made this recently and it turned out good. Its yummy and easy to make and a good recipe which doesnt require an oven. It was mine and my mom's first venture in cooking pudding. We didnt have an oven so this was what we used to do. Use our pressure cooker for cooking pudding.
4 tablespoons of sugar
- Prepare the caramel by heating the sugar in a vessel until it turns out to a golden brown liquid. Be careful not to turn it black as this makes the caramel very bitter. And be very careful while making caramel as it is very hot and it can splash on your face if it comes in contact with water.
- Pour this caramel into the very dry pudding vessel (which fits in a pressure cooker or steam cooker, it can be a stainless steel or any other vessel which you use for cooking on stove, but make sure it fits in the steam cooker or pressure cooker as shown above picture). Coat it uniformly on the sides
- Prepare custard my blending all the custard items well
- Add it to the pudding vessel
- Place this vessel in the steam cooker
- Fill water carefully from the sides of the cooker till the level of pudding in the pudding vessel
- Cover the cooker and steam it for 30 minutes.
- Take out the vessel and cool it in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Serve it with fresh fruit or ice cream.
Hope you enjoy it !