Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Curd Rice



Curd rice or Thairu sadam is an all time favorite of a South Indian. Its also good for health as curd is something that is light on stomach. I learnt to prepare curd rice from my father-in-law who is an expert in cooking. He had once packed curd rice for me on my bus trip to Bangalore and I ate it happily in the bus. After marriage, I learnt that my husband likes curd with anything and everything! So I went ahead to prepare curd rice for him which he loved. So here is my recipe for curd rice.

Ingredients:

Rice: 1 cup
Curd or buttermilk: 2 cups

For the tadka:

Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds: 1 tablespoon
Ginger (grated): 1 tablespoon
Urad dal: 1 teaspoon
Red chilli: 4 nos
Curry leaves
Pomegrenate seeds (optional) for garnishing
Dry grapes (optional) for garnishing
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt

Method:
----------


  1. Cook rice with a teaspoon of oil. After it is cooked, wait till it cools.
  2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a vessel for tadka, and then add the tadka ingredients one by one. Let them splutter. Saute until they turn golden brown.
  3. Mix the cooked rice with curd uniformly and add the tadka at the end to the rice. Mix it well. Add salt at the end.
  4. Serve it with mango pickle or fried chilli or papad.




No comments:

Please do not copy

All contents in this blog cannot be copied without written permission from the blog author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
baby