Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bhaingan fry (eggplant fry)







My Mangalorean friend Akshatha, recently send me a recipe for Bhaingan fry. I tried this and it came out good. I love Bhaingan fry. So here I am sharing it with you the recipe, my friend gave me along with the pictures of how she made it in her kitchen.
Ingredients:
------------------

Bhaingan (Eggplant)
Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Rawa: 1 tblsp
Asafoetida (hing) : as per taste
Oil
Salt

Method:
-----------
  • Mix chilli powder, asafoetida, & salt per taste with a little warm water to form a dry paste
  • Slice the bhaingan into thin semi-circular pieces
  • Apply the paste to the sliced bhaingan
  • Heat frying pan (or tawa) and put a little oil
  • Dip the bhaingan pieces in rawa to form a coating over the entire surface and place on the tawa, cook on a low flame
  • You have to keep roasting the bhaingan until it is cooked, keep changing over the sides while doing so
  • Serve along with rice, or chappatthi

****FYI: To make a similar dish with potato, or bhindi, cut into semi-circle shaped thin slices (for bhindi, cut lengthwise) and then follow the same method above.

No comments:

Please do not copy

All contents in this blog cannot be copied without written permission from the blog author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
baby