Green Moong dal: 1 cup
Water for soaking
*Potato: 2 medium sized
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Tomato: 1 medium sized
Curry leaves: a few
Green chilli: 2 - 3 nos
Coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
Ginger: 1 small piece
- Soak overnight green moong in water
- The next day drain the water and leave it until all the sprouts come out. It might take a few more hours
- When all the sprouts come out, it is time to make the curry. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pressure cooker. Chop the vegetables. Add all the curry items. Mix them well.
- Add the sprouted moong dal and stir again.
- Add sufficient water for cooking in the pressure cooker
- Cook for 1 - 2 whistles
- Serve along with rice, or chappathi
* People who are diet conscious can avoid potato if they do not want it in the curry. I add it because my husband loves the taste of small pieces of potatoes in this curry. Its worth adding it if you want.