- Chicken - 1kg chopped to bite size pieces
- Onion - 3 to 4 finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 full
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
- Red chilly (long) - 24
- Tomato - 3-4
- Corriander seeds - 2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tspGhee - 1 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter - 50 gms
- Grated coconut - 1 full
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Corriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Salt - to taste
1. Grind the red chilli, tomato, ginger, garlic, corriander seeds, turmeric to a fine dry paste and keep aside.
2. Grind the grated coconut in mixie and extract coconut milk (add water while mixing and then separate the water using strainer or cloth. repeat twice).
3. Add 2 tsp cornflour to the coconut milk and keep aside
4. Heat oil + ghee in a vessel (you have to cook chicken in the same vessel so use a slightly bigger one).
5. Fry the onion till golden brown.
6. Now add the ground paste with little water and salt for taste.
7. Fry on low flame for sometime so that the garlic looses its rawness, keep sauting.
8. Add chicken to the fried mix such that the chicken is fully immersed, cover the vessel & cook on low flame for about 10 -15 min (till chicken is fully cooked).
9. Now add the coconut milk + corn flour mix and cook for 2 min.
10. Garnish with corriander leaves & add butter and leave it to melt.
11. Serve with hot chapati, roti, rice.