Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bread pudding







I was eager to make this dish as I had a lot of left over whole wheat bread at home. Moreover, me and pudding go a long way back, when I was in my initial days of venturing in kitchen with mom. In fact those days my major interest was to cook something which my mom had not cooked, so that I can claim that I am the one who cooked it first :)) those crazy days, but my mom was also very happy about it as she always liked me around the kitchen. In fact we both used to prepare caramel pudding in our pressure cooker as we did not have an oven. The pudding used to come out good, except for its shape when I used to invert it on a plate. But the taste was too good. It tasted just like restaurant made ones. My brother who is a hard to please food critic :) [i hope he doesn't mind me writing this :) ].......used to love this pudding when I make, so I used to feel a sense of pride and accomplishment those days as I was the one who made it first at home. .....in fact my mom made sure that it stayed that way as she purposely wanted me to make it whenever I was at home, it was like "my daughters cooking makes me happy" sort of thing :) .......
Coming back to bread pudding, I in fact found this recipe in one of my favorite blogs and decided to go with the recipe , except that I made it in my steam cooker and the time for cooking was 30 minutes.
Here is the recipe link:


Only thing I noticed was though my knife test for firmness of the pudding came out clean, after 30 minutes, I cooled it in refrigerator for another half hour, it still was not firm in the centre when I cut the pudding in half. So according to me, I guess the cooking time in pressure cooker or steam cooker should be around 1 hour.

10 comments:

Kripa said...

As Rachel Ray puts it - "Yummo!” mmmmmmm:)

Unknown said...

Thank u Kripa dear :)

renuramanath said...

hi rv,
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. i too will add you to my blog list. my real interest, more than actual cooking, is in food. or, the history of food, of what people had been eating and how they were cooking and what all affected what they ate or how they ate and so on and so forth. i think i could find many kerala konkani eating practices from your blog.
keep in touch.
renu.

Manature said...

Hi RV,

Thanks for taking time and trouble for leaving a comment in my post How to link from one post to another post, for expressing your appreciation and for your offer to adding my blog/blogs to your blogroll. Much appreciated.

Peter a.k.a. enviroman
Enviroman Says

Unknown said...

@ Renu

Thanks for the comment. Yes you can definitly find info abt kerala konkani eating practices as I like writing something about the recipe before continuing posting the ingredients of the recipes :) Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Unknown said...

@Peter

Your blog is very useful for people like me who are actually looking for some nice info for maintaining a blog.

Shella said...

Hey RV

Yummmy looking dessert.

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting my blog shella and also for the comment:)

Shubha Ravikoti said...

hello nice blogand lovely recipe... but i cudnt see the recipe... the link u gave isnt working.. can u post the recipe here again??? pleaseee

Unknown said...

Hello Shubha, Thanks a lot for stopping by :) I was on a blogging break, hence cudnt reply to your comment. About the link not working, I tried to visit the link from my computer, and its working fine, checked for the recipe and its the same. Are you viewing it in Firefox browser? If so, maybe your browser might be blocking access to some sites. Anyways I will post the recipe :)

Please do not copy

All contents in this blog cannot be copied without written permission from the blog author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
baby